1. NASA has launched SunRISE mission to study the giant solar particle storms that impact the solar system. The mission will include six CubeSats, which will operate as a large radio telescope.
2. The World Bank offered funds worth $1 billion to the Indian Government on April 1, 2020 for India’s COVID-19 emergency response and health systems preparedness project.
3. The World Athletics Championships have been postponed to 22, to accommodate the re-scheduled Tokyo Olympics. The 2020 Tokyo Olympics have been postponed to July 23-August 8, 2021. The World Athletics Championship was supposed to be held in Eugene, Oregon from August 6-15, 2021.
4. UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has termed the Coronavirus pandemic as the most challenging crisis since World War-II.
5. IISc Bengaluru has developed an indigenous ventilator prototype amid COVID-19 outbreak. If the current scenario worsens then about 0.006 percent will reportedly require critical care with access to ventilators. This means almost 75,000 people will require ventilators in India, which is more than what the country currently has.
6. The government’s scientific advisor recently released a manual for homemade masks, which states that they are 70 percent effective in preventing the spread of Coronavirus infection.
7. The Public Sector banks have announced a moratorium of three months for EMI loan payments in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
8. The Delhi Chief Minister CM Arvind Kejriwal announced Rs 1 crore for the families of healthcare personnel if they lose their lives while dealing with coronavirus patients.