1. The Supreme Court has directed the transfer of all five cases registered in connection to the Unnao rape incident from Uttar Pradesh court to Delhi court.
2. The ruling BJP government expelled Unnao rape accused MLA Kuldeep Sengar on August 1, 2019. Kuldeep Sengar, a BJP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was accused of raping a minor girl from Unnao.
3. RN Ravi was sworn in as the new Governor of Nagaland on August 1, 2019 at a function at Raj Bhawan in Nagaland’s capital city Kohima.
4. One nation one ration card scheme was launched on Thursday on a pilot basis in four states- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The scheme will provide a major boost to the national food security government.
5. Delhi Government announced to provide free electricity to all Delhi households consuming 200 units of power or less every month. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal stated that households will get free lifeline electricity up to 200 units.
6. India & United Kingdom have jointly launched a two-year ‘Innovating for Clean Air’ Initiative (IfCA) in Bengaluru, Karnataka with an aim to provide unique air quality measurement system. It will support India’s aim to transit to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
7. The National Conference on e-Governance 2019 will be held in Shillong, Meghalaya. This 22nd edition of the conference will be conducted in the north-eastern region for the first time ever.
8. The Union Cabinet recently approved to set up the ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at Moscow, Russia with an aim to collaborate with Space agencies and industries in Russia.