- The Appointment Commitments of the Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of NS Viswanathan as Deputy Governor of RBI for a period of one year with effect from 4 July. Earlier on June 24, RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigned six months before the scheduled end of his term to return to New York University.
2. Indian all-rounder Vijay Shankar has been ruled out of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 due to toe injury. Mayank Agarwal set to be brought to England to replace Shankar in the Indian squad.
3. Zaira Wasim, Dangal fame actress, announced her decision of quitting Bollywood and acting career. Zaira Wasim released a statement on Twitter and Facebook that reads she no longer wants to be a part of the bollywood as it drove her away from her ‘imaan’ and her relation from religion.
4. England ended India’s unbeaten streak by defeating the men-in-blue by 31 runs. England after batting first had set a formidable tall chase for India, 338 runs in 50 overs.
5. A large scale campaign to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis Syndrome and Japanese Encephalitis disease was launched in Uttar Pradesh on July 1, 2019.
6. Japan has resumed its commercial hunt for whales. Whaling ships have already set sail from Japanese ports for the first commercial hunt in decades. This comes after Japan’s recent withdrawal from the International Whaling Commission.
7. Rishabh Pant made his world cup debut during India’s title clash against England on June 30 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. Pant replaced Vijay Shankar in India’s playing XI, after Shankar was ruled out of the match due to toe injury.
8. In Pahalgam camp batch 1046 male, 130 female and 7 children were included, total number of pilgrims were 1183. However, From Baltal camp 793 male, 203 female, 10 children and 44 Sadhus were included.
9. Doctor’s Day celebrated every year in India on July 1st. Theme of Doctor’s Day 2019 is “Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment”. Indian Medical Association announces the theme every year.
10. Charted Accountants Day (CA Day) is celebrated on 1st July every year to commemorate the finding of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) by the parliament of India. ICAI is also the second biggest accounting organization in the world.