- Claire Polosak Became The First Female Umpire to Officiate in a Men’s ODI —Australia’s Claire Polosak will become the first female umpire to officiate in a men’s one-day international at the ICC World Cricket League Division 2. Polosak stood in the final between tournament hosts Namibia and Oman. The 31-year-old became the first woman to umpire an Australian men’s domestic fixture in October 2017.
- Former President of Ethiopia, Negasso Gidada Passed Away —Former President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Negasso Gidada passed away in Germany where he was undergoing medical treatment. He was 75 years of age. He was the president of Ethiopia between 1995 and 2001. He served as president for six years until he fell out with the late Prime Minister Meles Zenawi’s administration.
- AIFF Recommends Names of Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and Jeje Lalpekhlua For Arjuna —All India Football Federation recommended the names of Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and Jeje Lalpekhlua for the prestigious Arjuna award this year. The federation had been pushing the cases of two footballers since 2017 but the Arjuna award committee continued to ignore their claims. In 2017, the AIFF recommended the two footballers along with then Indian women’s team captain Bembem Devi but only the last named was conferred with the award.
- MoD Awarded GRSE Rs.6,311 Crore Project to Build 8 ASWSWC —The Defence Ministry has awarded a contract of worth Rs.6,311 crore to Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited to build eight anti-submarine warfare shallow watercraft for the Indian Navy. As per the agreement, the first ship is to be delivered within 42 months from the date of signing of the contract and subsequently, two ships are required to be delivered per year.
- A 3,000 kg of Solid Waste collected from Mt.Everest Under Nepal’s Clean Up Campaign —A total of 3,000 kg of solid waste has been collected from the world’s highest peak, Mt. Everest, since April 14 when Nepal launched an ambitious clean-up campaign aimed at bringing back tonnes of trash left behind by climbers. The campaign seeks to bring back and safely dispose of a total of 10,000 kg of waste.
- India Ranks 4th in Biggest Military Spender —Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s report said that India is the world’s fourth biggest military spender in 2018. The United States topped the list and it is followed by China and Saudi Arabia. India was the fifth largest military spender in 2017. France also figures on the list of top five spenders that together accounted for 60% of the global military spending in 2018.
- CBSE Announces New Internal Exams For Class 10’s Mathematics and English Paper —CBSE to conduct two-level exams for Class 10 mathematics and English exams in which 20 marks internal exam will be conducted by respective schools and 80 marks will be given to theory. The circular has been sent to schools with proper guidelines and will be implemented from board 2020.
01st May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
01st May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download