- Late actor Om Puri was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the third India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB 2020). The Best Feature Film Award went to the Malayalam film “Kaanthi”. The Best Actor (male) in a feature film award went to Victor Banerjee for his portrayal of a priest in “Josef: Born In Grace”. The Best Actor (female) award was given to Shylaja Ambu who played the part of the tribal mother in “Kaanthi”. The Best Short Film award went to the Iranian film “Better than Neil Armstrong”, while “Baitullah” was adjudged Best Film with a Social Cause. Another highlight of the festival was a conversation with Chef Vikas Khanna, recipient of the “Pride of India Award”.
- The Orations & Awards Committee of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), has selected Dr Satish Mishra, Principal Scientist, Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow for “Dr.Tulsi Das Chugh Award” for the year 2020 in recognition of his research work on Malaria parasite’s life cycle which is a complex process involving two hosts and three invasive stages.
- A six year old Bangladeshi boy Anzar Mustaeen Ali won a special prize of USD 1000 for his artwork in the global art competition organised by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR).
The ICCR had launched a global painting competition named ‘United against CORONA- Express through Art’ which attracted 8000 artwork entries from around the world.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the ‘Green Delhi’ App to increase citizen participation in Delhi’s fight against pollution and ensure timely action against pollution sources in the city.
- The NASA’s Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) has confirmed, for the first time, water on the sunlit surface of the Moon.
- According to the Annual State of Education Report (ASER) 2020, West Bengal occupies the top position in the decline of dropout rate among school students during 2018-2020. The report says, school dropout rate in the state declined from 3.3 per cent to 1.5 per cent while it went up from four per cent to 5.5 per cent at the national level.
- Kerala was adjudged the best governed state in the country while Uttar Pradesh ended at the bottom in the large states category, according to the Public Affairs Index-2020 released by the Public Affairs Centre. Four southern states, Kerala (1.388 PAI Index point), Tamil Nadu (0.912), Andhra Pradesh (0.531) and Karnataka (0.468) stood in the first four ranks in the large state category in terms of governance. Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and Bihar were at the bottom of the ranking, scoring negative points in the category.
- Indian Army has developed a simple messaging application named the Secure Application for Internet (SAI). The application supports end to end secure voice, text and video calling services for Android platform over the internet.
- State Bank of India (SBI) has entered into a strategic partnership with global non-profit education platform edX, where the bank will offer its Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on the platform from November onwards.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|