- Kavitha Gopal has made history by becoming the first girl student in IIT Madras to win the President of India Prize. Previously, only male students had ever won the prize.
- Single-use plastic will be banned in India from October 2, 2019, on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
3.The Supreme Court has listed the hearing on J&K petitions to November 14, 2019. The top court has given the Union Government 28 days to reply to all the petitions.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah assured recently that all Hindu, Sikh, Christian, Jain and Buddhist refugees will get Indian citizenship. The Minister said that for the same, the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill will be passed in the Parliament.
- The President presented the GN Ramachandran Gold Medal to Prof. Amitabha Chattopadhyay of CSIR-CCMB.
- Twenty countries have committed to promote the credible news only after taking action against fake news. Fake news has become a challenge for the world. It is largely misused during elections. In Malaysia, fake news can lead to 6 years in jail.
- Kerala topped the ‘School Education Quality Index’, which was recently launched by NITI Aayog. Rajasthan was at second position and Karnataka was at third position on the list. NITI Aayog prepared this index on the basis of 2016-17 data.
- The International Coffee Day is celebrated on October 1. It is an occasion that is used to promote and celebrate coffee and its importance. International Coffee Organisation (ICO) has marked the day as an International Day in 2014. It is believed that Coffee is the second most traded commodity after crude oil.
- DRDO has recently test-fired a land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile. It has a strike range of 290km. It can be fired from land and sea-based platforms. Newly, test fired BrahMos missile has been fitted with indigenous equipments.
- The nation is celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on 02 October 2019. On the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, many programs will be held across the country and the world.