1. Japan has committed official Development Assistance loan worth Rs 3,500 Cr to India for the COVID-19 Crisis Emergency Response Support. This was agreed upon through exchange of notes between Ambassador of Japan to India Suzuki Satoshi and Additional Secretary in Economic Affairs Department Dr C.S. Mohapatra.
2. Parliament’s Monsoon Session will be held from September 14 to October 1, 2020 amid COVID-19 pandemic. The session will hold with strict observance with health safety norms including social distancing and wearing of masks.
3. The European Investment Bank (EIB) is set to invest EUR650 million into the construction of Kanpur’s first city metro line which will enable around 3 million people in the city to benefit from fast and affordable public transport.
4. Charu Sinha has become the first female IPS officer to get appointed as the Inspector General (IG) of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in the terrorist-hit Srinagar sector. Charu Sinha is a 1996-batch IPS officer from Telangana cadre. She will now be heading the Srinagar sector for CRPF as the Inspector General.
5. The Indian economy contracted by 23.9 percent in the first quarter (April-June) of the Fiscal year 2020-21 as the COVID-19 pandemic compressed consumer demand and private investments, as per government data released on August 31, 2020.
6. The CSIR-CMERI has set up the world’s largest solar tree at its residential colony in Durgapur, West Bengal. The solar tree has an installed capacity above 11.5 KWP.
7. China has built a surface-to-air missile near a lake which is a part of Kailash-Mansarovar amid the rising border tensions with India over the standoff in the Eastern Ladakh Sector.
8. The Supreme Court on September 1, 2020, granted the telecom companies, including Vodafone Idea and Airtel Bharti, a time period of 10 years to clear their pending Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) dues to the Indian government.