1.Rohit Sharma becomes the first Indian batsman to cross 1000-run mark in ODIs in 2019 after hitting a century in India vs Bangladesh cricket match of ICC World Cup 2019.
2. India signed Rs 200 crore deal to buy ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile from Russia for making its fleet of Mi-35 attack choppers. Recently, the Indian Air Force has acquired the Spice-2000 stand-off weapon system.
3. Rohit Sharma has become the highest run scorer in World Cup 2019. Rohit Sharma has also become the second Indian batsman after Sachin Tendulkar to score 500 plus runs in a World Cup match.
4. Japanese fishermen have set sail to hunt whales commercially for the first time in more than three decades after Tokyo’s controversial decision to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission.
5. Union Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat recently launched Jal Shakti Abhiyan for water conservation and water security in 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts.
6. In an attempt to avoid train accidents, Indian Railways has initiated a process to launch the Terrain Imaging for Diesel Drivers- Infrared Enhanced Optical and Radar Assisted (Tri-NETRA) system. ndian Railways is one of the world’s largest railway network comprises of about 115,000 km (71,000 mi) of track over a route of around 67,312 km (41,826 mi) and 7,112 stations.
7. Nagaland government has decided to start a variant of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), and the updating process is ongoing in Assam to detect illegal immigrants. With an objective to prevent the issuance of fake indigenous inhabitant certificates, the Nagaland government has decided to set up a Register of Indigenous Inhabitants Certificates of Nagaland (RIIN) soon, said officials.
8. Now women can work in the night shifts in Goa. This is an important step in the direction of the Goa government towards empowerment of women. It is administered by the Ministry of Labor and Employment, by Directorate of Factory Counseling Services and Labor Institute.