- On May 30, 2019, The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), the political risk insurance arm of the World Bank Group, have agreed to expand Development Finance in Asia and Pacific to increase the flow of Private sector investment.
- As per data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO), the rate of gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the January-March quarter of 2019-19 decreased to 5.8% as compared to the forecast of 6.5%. The economic growth rate for the full 2018-19 financial year stood at a 5-year low of 6.8% in comparison with 7.1%.
- Karur Vysya Bank Ltd (KVB) partnered with Centrum Wealth Management Ltd(Centrum) to form a private limited Joint venture (JV) to provide wealth management services to its clients. KVB will hold 51% of the share capital, Centrum will hold 45% and the remaining 4% will be held by the JV’s staff.
- Flight Lieutenant Mohana Singh became the first IAF woman pilot to become fully operational by day on Hawk advanced jet aircraft. She landed the grueling 4 aircraft combat sortie at the Kalaikunda Air Force station in West Bengal.
- Anita Bhatia has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio as the Deputy Executive Director of the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN).
- Arun Kumar, additional secretary in the ministry of Civil Aviation was assigned with an additional charge as the Director General of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). He assumed the charge on June 1st, 2019, succeeding B S Bhullar who retired on May 31st, 2019.
- Flipkart’s co-founder Sachin Bansal to join Ujjivan Small Finance banks as its independent director from June 1st. This step is taken in order to achieve the banks plan to upgrade itself as a state of the art mass-market bank.
- As the Under-20 Eurasian Athletics Championships held at Almaty, Kazakhstan, Indian juniors bagged 5 Gold and 3 Silver medals. The national teams from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Iran, India, and Tajikistan participated in a 2-day event held on May 29-30, 2019.
02nd June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
02nd June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here