1. The 1267 Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee of the United Nations Security Council on May 1, 2019, designated Pakistan’s Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar as a Global Terrorist. With the addition of Azhar to the Al-Qaida Sanctions List, he will be subject to the assets freeze, travel ban and arms embargo. The Sanctions List currently contains the names of 262 individuals and 83 entities.
2. India’s Apurvi Chandela on May 1, 2019, became world number 1 in women’s 10m air rifle event, according to the latest rankings released by the International Shooting Sport Federation. In February 2019, Chandela shot a world record score of 252.9 to clinch gold at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup in New Delhi.
3. Hockey India on May 1, 2019, nominated ace Indian goalkeeper PR Sreejesh for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and three other players for the Arjuna Award. The player names recommended for the Arjuna Award include midfielder Chinglensana Singh Kangujam and forward Akashdeep Singh and women’s team defender Deepika.
4. President Vladimir Putin on May 1, 2019, signed a new measure into law that will allow Russian authorities to isolate the country’s internet from the rest of the world and create a new national network. The ‘sovereign internet’ bill aims to expand government control over the Internet.
5. The Sri Lankan Government has issued orders preventing any person from preaching religious, extremist or radical ideologies that glorify terrorism. The order also banned any foreigner from preaching any such ideology and few persons involved in it have been deported.
6. Former Sri Lanka captain, Kumar Sangakkara was on May 1, 2019, appointed as the President of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), England. With this, Sangakkara became the first non-British to head the Club.
7. The National Shooting Federation on April 29, 2019, recommended pistol ace Heena Sidhu and trap shooter Ankur Mittal for the 2019 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the country’s highest sporting honor.
8. Raheem Sterling was named as the 2019 footballer of the year by the Football Writers’ Association (FWA). The Manchester City and England forward topped the poll of the 400-strong FWA membership as a clear winner, with 62 percent of the votes.
02nd May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
02nd May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|