- World Cities Day is celebrated annually on 31 October to promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization. The 2020 World Cities Day themed ‘Valuing our communities and cities’ underlines the importance of the local communities who are at the heart of building sustainable cities.
- National Unity Day is celebrated in India on 31 October since 2014 to mark the birth anniversary of the Iron Man of India-Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
- Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel released a ‘sciencetoon’ book with comprehensive information on the COVID-19 pandemic, its symptoms and prevention through precautions.
The book, named ‘Bye Bye Corona’, published by Vigyan Prasar of the Department of Science and Technology, makes people aware of COVID-19 in an engaging way.
- The Indian Navy successfully test-fired an Anti-Ship Missile (AShM) from its Guided Missile Corvette INS Kora in the Bay of Bengal hit the target ship at “maximum range” with precise accuracy.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari assured that the ongoing construction of the bridge over the river Feni in southeastern Bangladesh and Tripura state to be completed by December this year. Gadkari said this while laying the foundation stones of nine highway projects in Tripura to be built at over Rs 2,752 crore.
- Kabartal Wetland (Bihar) and Asan Conservation Reserve (Uttrakhand) have been designated as Ramsar sites, making them ‘Wetlands of International Importance’. With 2 more inclusions, the total number of Ramsar sites in India is 39, the highest in South Asia.
- UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere (MAB) programme included Panna in India and Fuvahmulah and Addu Atoll in the Maldives, to UNESCO’s World Network of Biosphere Reserves. For India it is the twelfth entry, whereas for Maldives second and third after Baa Atoll.
- The United Kingdom (UK) has entered into a strategic partnership to develop India’s GIFT City. GIFT – Gujarat International Finance Tec-City is India’s first international financial services centre. It is located in Gandhinagar of Gujarat.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|