1. Bombay High Court upheld the Constitutional validity of the death penalty for repeat rape offenders. Under an amendment to section 376 (e) of the Indian Penal Code, repeat offenders in rape cases faced life imprisonment or a death penalty.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government launched the “Ministry of Jal Shakti” to provide safe drinking water to people and appointed Gajendra Singh Shekhawat as the Minister of Jal Shakti. The Ministry has been created by merging Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. One of the key BJP’s manifestos was to set up a unified Ministry of Water to end the water problems in India.
3. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik resigned from Bijepur assembly constituency. Patnaik contested the 2019 assembly elections from Hinjili and Bijepur constituencies and won from both the seats. His resignation was accepted by Assembly Speaker Surya Narayan Patra.
4. British Airways resumed its flights to Pakistan after over decade long suspension of its operations following a bomb blast in the Marriott hotel of capital Islamabad in 2008, killing over 50 people.
5. Telangana celebrated the fifth anniversary of its Formation Day on June 2, 2019. State Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao hoisted the tri-color at Public Gardens in Hyderabad. Telangana is the youngest state of India.
6. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has announced free ride scheme for women in the capital to travel free of cost in DTC buses, cluster buses and Delhi Metro to ensure a safe travel experience.
7. According to a new study, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) can be used to measure how the heart uses oxygen for both healthy patients and those with heart disease.
8. The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), India’s top oil and gas producer, has toppled Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to become the country’s most profitable public sector company in this fiscal, the PSU reported a 34 percent jump in its 2018-19 fiscal net profit to Rs 26,716 crore.
9. Four-time MP Pinaki Misra has been appointed as the BJD’s Parliamentary Party Leader. The regional party-led by Naveen Patnaik had won 12 seats in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019.
03rd June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
03rd June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|