- World number one Bajrang Punia on May 2, 2019, won the Gold Medal after defeating Viktor Rassadin 13-8 in the finals of men’s 65kg freestyle in the 2019 Ali Aliyev Wrestling Tournament in Kaspilsk, Russia. This is his second title in two weeks. Earlier on April 23, Bajrang won Gold in the same category, beating Kazakhstan’s Sayatbek Okassov 123-7 in the final of the Asian Wrestling Championships in Xian, China.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) on May 2, 2019, released the updated rankings, India & England retained their top spots in Tests & ODI rankings, respectively. India’s lead over the second placed team New Zealand in the ICC Test Team Rankings narrowed from 8 to 2 points.
- After serving the Indian Navy for 36 years, the front line missile destroyer INS Ranjit will be decommissioned on May 6 at the naval dockyard at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. The ship was commissioned in the fleet of Indian Navy on September 15, 1983.
- Former ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar was on May 2, 2019, conferred with France’s highest civilian honor, Chevalier de l’Ordre national de la Legion d” Honneur, for his contribution to India- France space cooperation.
- India is planning to launch its latest radar imaging satellite RISAT 2BR1 towards the end of May 2019 on one of the variants of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) rocket. The satellite, RISAT 2BRI, is expected to be launched aboard one of the reusable PSLV rockets on May 22, as per officials of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- World Press Freedom Day was observed on May 3, 2019, which was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in December 1933, following the recommendation of UNESCO’s General Conference. The theme of World Press Freedom Day 2019 is Media for Democracy: Journalism and Elections in times of Disinformation.
- The Supreme Court of India in a landmark judgment on April 30, 2019, ruled that any relative of a woman, who is undergoing cruelty & dowry harassment by her husband or in-laws, can file a complaint against them.
- The Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi on May 1, 2019, had a meeting with the three-member in-house Supreme Court committee that was looking into the allegations of sexual harassment leveled against him by a former woman employee of the court. The move comes after the complainant on April 30 decided to boycott the proceedings of the in-house panel set up by the apex court to inquire into the charges.
03rd May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
03rd May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Save Below Phone Number and
Send "Hi" to below Number