1. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on April 4, 2019, honored PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration, Zayed Medal in recognition of his “pivotal role” in strengthening ties between the two nations.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on April 4, 2019, released its First Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20. After assessing the current and evolving macroeconomic situation in the economy, the six-member- Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided to reduce the policy Repo Rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 6 percent from 6.25 percent with immediate effect.
3. Brunei introduced harsh new sharia laws that make adultery and homosexuality punishable by stoning to death. The new measures also cover a range of other crimes, including punishment for theft by amputation. The laws make Brunei the first in Southeast Asia to have a sharia penal code at the national level.
4. The NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 will be held during November 27 – 29, 2019 at Manesar, Gurugram. The Summit will be organized by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).
5. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) entered into 18 Advance Pricing Agreements (APA) includes 3 Bilateral APAs (BAPAs) in March 2019. With the signing of these APAs, the Indian Advance Pricing Agreement regime moved forward with a total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT in the year 2018-19 stands at 52, including 11 BAPAs.
6. Scientists at the Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) have discovered a new enzyme which helps in breaking cell walls of bacteria and hence, offers a potential for a new drug delivery route to arrest the anti-bacterial resistance.
7. South Korea will launch the world’s first 5G mobile networks. It would be a transformational leap that already has USA and China sparring for control of innovation that could potentially change the day-to-day lives of billions of people.
8. India’s telecom company Reliance Jio has acquired chatbot making startup Haptik recently. In the Rs 700-crore deal, Rs 230 crore will go for business transfer and Rs 470 crore will go towards expansion.
9. International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed across the world on 4 April to foster the establishment and development of national mine-action capacities in countries where mines and explosive remnants of war constitute a serious threat to the safety, health, and lives of the civilian population
10. India and Bolivia agreed to forge a mutually beneficial partnership to facilitate Bolivian supplies of lithium Carbonate to India and foster joint ventures for Lithium battery and cell production plants in India.
04th April 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
04th April 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here