- Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu Launches Second Phase of Pasupu-Kumkuma Scheme, Welfare Pension —The second phase of Pasupu-Kumkuma scheme and welfare pensions was launched by Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Shri Chandrababu Naidu. Around 94 Lakh DWCRA women will be given Rs 10000 in three installments under the Pasupu-Kumkuma scheme. Under the scheme, Rs 2500 will be given on 1st February 2019, Rs 3500 will be given 8th March and Rs 4000 will be given on 5th April.
- Indus River Dolphin Declared Punjab’s State Aquatic Animal —Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh declared one of the rarest mammal, Indus River Dolphin, which is only found in Beas River, as Punjab State Aquatic Animal. Chief Minister constituted a committee comprised eminent members of the State Board of Wildlife, including Major AP Singh, Hardit Singh Sidhu, and officers of Wildlife Department, to examine certain issues related to the formation of separate Directorate of Wildlife & Wetlands of Bir Moti Bagh wildlife Sanctuary to provide a natural habitat to various wildlife species.
- Defense Ministry Approves Procurement of 73,000 Assault Rifles From US —Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman approved the procurement of around 73000 Sig Sauer rifles from the United States of America under fast track procurement mode in a major move towards infantry modernization. USA will have to deliver the Sig Sauer rifles which are used by US forces as well as several other European forces within one year of finalization of the deal. The Procured rifles will replace INSAS rifles and the new rifles will be used by the troops deployed along the 3600 km border with China.
- Qatar Won Their First-Ever Asian Cup Title in Football by Defeating Japan —Qatar won its first major soccer title by beating four-time champion Japan 3-1 in the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup held in UAE. Sudan is born Almoez Ali, become the first player to score nine goals at a single Asian Cup. He breaks the record of Iranian Ali Daei, who scored eight goals in 1996.
- Sana Mir Becomes First Asian Woman to Play Hundred T 20 Internationals —Former Pakistan women’s cricket team skipper Sana Mir became the first Asian woman cricketer to play hundred T20 international matches. The 33-year-old reached the milestone when she walked into the field for the ongoing third and final T 20 I’s against West Indies in Karachi. Sana is the sixth woman cricketer to complete a century of T 20 Internationals.
- Rishi Kumar Shukla is Appointed as Director of CBI —The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Rishi Kumar Shukla as Director, CBI, for a period of two years. Shukla is at present Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Police Housing Corporation in Bhopal.
- Smriti Mandhana Tops Women’s ODI Batting Record —India’s Smriti Mandhana attained top in the ICC ODI rankings for batswomen, she grabs the first position after the match against New Zealand, whereas Ellyse Perry followed her in the second position and Indian ODI skipper Mithali Raj in the fifth position.
- Indian Foreign Exchange Reserves — The RBI data shows that Indian Foreign Exchange Reserves have been increased by USD 1.497 billion to reach USD 398.178 billion for the week to January 25. This increase has been attributed to a jump in core currency assets.
- UNSC Adopts Resolution to Extend Sanctions Against Central African Republic —The United Nations Security Council resolution 2454 has been adopted unanimously. The features of the resolution 2454 are: They extend the sanctions against the Central African Republic for a year. The Resolution renews an arms embargo, travel ban and asset freeze till January 31, 2020.
- 10.Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2019 — The Surajkund International Crafts Mela is organized every year by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministers of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs. The state of Maharashtra is the Theme State and Thailand is the Partner Nation Country for the Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2019.
- Refugee Wins The Australia’s Richest Literary Prize —Behrouz Boochani, an Iranian Asylum-seeker detained in Papua New Guinea under Australian asylum laws has won the Victorian Prize for Literature. Behrouz Boochani was awarded for his work” No Friend But the Mountains: Writing From Manus Prison”.
- India’s Mithali Raj Becomes First Woman Cricketer to Play 200 OD I’s — India’s One-day International captain Mithali Raj has become the first woman to play 200 OD I’s matches with her appearance in the match against New Zealand. The record for largest number of games played by a Woman Cricketer was already in the name of Mithali Raj. She had achieved the milestone when she played her 192 OD I’s of the career, going past Charlotte Edwards’ record of 191 appearances.
04th February 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
04th February 2019 Current Affairs in pdf: Download