- The NHAI is in the process of setting up an Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) to facilitate investment in the highways sector. This will be the first InvIT to be sponsored by any government entity in the country
National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) Chairman Sukhbir Singh Sandhu is the convenor of the committee.
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) accorded approval for Capital acquisitions of various platforms and equipment required by the Indian Armed Forces. Proposals for an approximate cost of 38900 Crore rupees were approved.
- The Delhi government launched mega tree plantation drive under the campaign ‘Paudhe lagao, Paryavaran Bachao’.
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank has launched a facility that enables retail customers to get loan of up to Rs.1 crore instantly by pledging their holdings in both debt and equity schemes of mutual funds.
- Care Ratings revised India’s GDP growth forecast for the current financial year to (-) 6.4 per cent as economic activity continues to be under restriction due to the lockdown on account of the COVID-19 pandemic. The rating agency, in May, had projected a decline in GDP growth of 1.5-1.6 per cent in FY21.
And now revised – decline in GDP growth of 6.4 per cent in FY21.
- Lt Col Bharat Pannu, a serving Indian Army Officer has created history by successfully securing a podium place at the first edition of the Virtual Race Across America (vRAAM) 2020.
- French President Emmanuel Macron has named Jean Castex, who coordinated France’s reopening strategy after the coronavirus lockdown, as the country’s new prime minister.
- In the backdrop of the disruption in normal classroom teaching owing to Covid-19 lockdown, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur has developed an innovative virtual classroom aid titled ‘Mobile Masterjee’.