1. India’s National Security Adviser Ajit Doval has been reappointed to the post for another five years. Ajit Doval has also been given Cabinet Rank for contribution to National security.
2. Team India will finally begin its ICC Cricket World Cup campaign tomorrow, June 5, against South Africa at the Rose Bowl stadium in Southampton.
3. Prior to India’s opening world cup match against South Africa, Indian skipper Virat Kohli has received a special message from German Football Star Thomas Mueller wishing him luck for the cricket world cup.
4. The deadly Nipah Virus has resurfaced in Kerala, after a 23-year-old Kerala student, admitted in a private hospital in Ernakulam, was tested positive of the virus.
5. The cabinet of Madhya Pradesh has passed a resolution to increase reservation quota for Other Backward Classes (OBC) to 27 percent from existing 14 percent.
6. The World Environment Day (WED) is celebrated annually on June 5 to encourage awareness and action for the protection of the environment. It was first observed in 1974.
7. BSP Chief Mayawati held a press conference on June 4, 2019, calling off her party’s alliance with Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi Party (SP). She, however, clarified that the breakup was not permanent.
8. The Indian Air Force (IAF) transport aircraft AN-32 that took off from Assam’s Jorhat with 13 people on board on June 03, 2019 has gone missing over hilly terrain in the Northeast.
04th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
04th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here