- The global economy could shrink by up to 1 per cent in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, a reversal from the previous forecast of 2.5 per cent growth, the UN has said, warning that it may contract even further if restrictions on the economic activities are extended without adequate fiscal responses.
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, an institute of National Importance of the Department of Science and Technology, has joined hands with Wipro 3D to build a prototype of an emergency ventilator system.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) projects India’s gross domestic product (GDP) will slow to 4 per cent in the fiscal year 2020 ending on March 31, 2021 due to a weak global environment and continued efforts to contain the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the country.
- The coronavirus pandemic could cost the global economy $4.1 trillion as it ravages United States, Europe and other major economies, the Asian Development Bank warned.
- Indian Railways’ manufacturing unit, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW) has earned the unique distinction of manufacturing most locomotives in a year. CLW got the recognition from the Limca Book of Records.
- The Jharkhand Government has launched a mobile app PRAGYAAM to issue e-passes to everyone associated with delivery of essential services during the national lockdown to combat COVID-19.
- The Karnataka State government launched a mobile application Corona Watch for people to track the movement history of patients, who tested positive, before their detection so that they can take precautions. The app will give the date and time of visit to spots by the patients.
- The Press Information Bureau set up a portal for fact-checking issues related with the novel coronavirus pandemic, and it will receive messages by email and send its response in quick time.
- With a view to effectively combat the coronavirus pandemic, a digital application named ‘Maha Kavach’ has been designed, which will help the health authorities in contact tracing and tracking of quarantined COVID-19 patients.
- Interest rate on public provident fund (PPF) scheme has been lowered to 7.1 per cent for the upcoming June quarter of financial year 2020-21.This is the lowest interest rate offered on the popular small savings scheme since 1977. Till the March quarter of FY20, PPF accounts used to attract 7.9 per cent interest.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|