1. World Environment Day 2020 was observed across the globe on June 5, 2020 with an emphasis on the need to care for nature and humanity. World Environment Day is observed every year to raise global awareness on environmental issues.
2. The theme of World Environment Day 2020 is ‘Biodiversity’. The World Environment Day 2020 theme is extremely important, especially with the recent events of major bushfires in Australia, Brazil and the United States.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pledged USD 15 million to the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI). He made the announcement during the Global Vaccine Summit hosted by the United Kingdom (UK) on June 4, 2020.
4. The Union Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari on June 5, 2020 launched a national awareness campaign on Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways. While launching the campaign through Video Conference, the Union Minister underlined the need for generating awareness and education for the masses at large towards reducing or eliminating mortality on the roads.
5. The Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has launched an information booklet titled ‘Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19’, which aims to raise awareness among students and teachers regarding cyber bullying.
6. Minister of Power (Independent Charge) R K Singh on June 5, 2020 initiated the ‘#iCommit’ campaign to commemorate World Environment Day. The initiative calls upon all stakeholders and individuals to continue working towards energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system in the future.
7. Fit India, Sports Ministry’s flagship programme along with the Department of School Education and Literacy will launch a series of special films promoting 10 indigenous sports of India under the Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat initiative. The 10 indigenous sports to be covered in the series include Shooting Ball, Roll Ball, Kabaddi, Mallakhamb, Sqay, Thang-Ta, Kho-kho, Kalaripayttu, Tug of War and Gatka.
8. Abu Dhabi-based firm, Mubadala Investment Company recently invested Rs 9,093.60 crore into Reliance Jio Platforms to acquire a 1.85 percent stake in the company.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|