- Lieutenant Governor GC Murmu launched the Student Health Card scheme in Jammu and Kashmir on March 5, 2020.
- The Delhi Government has formed a task force under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to monitor and prevent coronavirus outbreak in the capital. The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in India has risen to 30.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat recently announced that Gairsain will be the summer capital of the state. The people in the state had been demanding to make Gairsain the capital of Uttarakhand for a long time.
- Luxembourg is the first country in the world that has announced a free public transport system for all. The free public transport will include all fares for trams, trains and buses abolished as of February 29, 2020. The one exception is first-class train travel, which will cost British Pound 2.60 (Euro 3) per journey.
- The National Security Day is observed every year across India on 4th March. This day is celebrated to honor the contribution of Indian security forces including all security personnel, policemen, paramilitary forces, guards, commandos and army officers.
- Sanjay Kumar Panda has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to Turkey. He is a 1991 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer and is currently serving as Consulate General of India in San Francisco.
- Google on March 5, 2020 announced its plans of launching a Delhi Cloud Region. This will be the technology giant’s second cloud region in India, as it launched its first in the country in Mumbai in 2017. Google’s existing network includes 22 cloud regions across the globe with 8 in the Asia-Pacific region.
- India has entered the final of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020, after its semi-final with England got rained out in Sydney. This is India’s maiden Women’s T20 World Cup final. The second semi-final will be played on March 5 between Australia and South Africa in Sydney. The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is scheduled to be held in Melbourne on March 8, 2020 from 12.30 pm IST.
- Mumbai will host the International Olympic Committee’s session in 2023 after IOC’s Executive Board recommended the city’s name. The decision will be ratified during the 136th session of the IOC in Tokyo in July 2020.
- The luxury cruise liner, Grand Princess with about 2,500 passengers and 1,150 crew members, has been stranded off the coast of California over fears of coronavirus outbreak after a passenger who had been aboard the same vessel during its previous voyage to Mexico died due to the virus
Get Free Whatsapp Alerts
Save Below Mobile Phone Number 90 3666 1666
Send your District name from Whatsapp to receive Govt job notifications.
ದೈನಂದಿನ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ನವೀಕರಣಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಗುಂಪಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿJoin Telegram Group