- The Chief Economic Adviser (CEA), Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian has been included as the member of the Advisory Council to the 15th Finance Commission headed by N.K. Singh. The Advisory Council now has 12 members after inclusion of Chief Economic Adviser Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian. Other members include Dr. D.K. Srivastava, Dr. Indira Rajaraman, Dr. Arvind Virmani, Dr. Surjit S. Bhalla, Dr. Sanjeev Gupta, Prof. Pinaki Chakraborty, Sajjid Chinoy, Neelkanth Mishra, Prachi Mishra, Dr. M. Govinda Rao, and Dr. Omkar Goswami.
- On 30th April 2019, Shri Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas (IFS:1993) was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Senegal. Presently, he is Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs. He succeeds Shri Rajeev Kumar, who is the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Mozambique. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Bhushan Patil, President of India’s mobile payment and commerce platform, Paytm has quit the company. In March 2016, he had joined Paytm after serving five years at Alibaba.com. Recently, Paytm and Paytm Mall together could raise anywhere between $1-2 billion from investors. eBay, American multinational e-commerce corporation is preparing to make an investment in Paytm Mall.
- Ministry of Defence gave approval to Indian Navy to acquire 10 ‘Kamov Ka-31’ Airborne Early Warning and Control Helicopter for a deal worth of Rs 3,600 crore from Russia. These 10 helicopters would be deployed on the aircraft carriers and warships of the Indian Navy including the INS Vikrant and Grigorovich-class frigates. The Kamov Ka-31 helicopters will strengthen the capability of Indian Navy against aerial threats to its aircraft carriers and large warships.
- On 2 May 2019, in the journal, ‘Cell’ researchers authored that the discovery of the first small-molecule inhibitors of the Streptococcus pyogenes Cas9 (SpCas9) protein could enable more precise control over CRISPR-Cas9-based genome editing. i. The research was headed by Amit Choudhary of the Broad Institute, Harvard Medical School, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. These first small-molecule CRISPR-Cas9 inhibitors are much smaller than the previously discovered anti-CRISPR proteins.
- On 1 May 2019, Former Chief Justice of Madras and Kerala High Courts, Justice Subhashan Reddy died at the age of 76 in Gachibowli due to age-related ailments. He was born at Amberpet in Hyderabad in 1943. Justice Subhashan Reddy. He studied law at the University Of University College Of Law, Osmania University. He enrolled as an advocate in January 1966 and practiced Constitutional, Civil, Criminal, Revenue and Taxation laws. He retired in March 2005.In 1991, He was the judge of High Court of Andhra Pradesh and later served as Chief Justices of High Courts of Madras in 2001 and Kerala in 2004.
- On 4th May 2019, Coal Miners Day was observed to highlight the toughest profession and the people working in coal mines. Several communities raise awareness and funds on this day for other organizations in the coal mining area and workers. This day was established to show the appreciation for the sacrifices, honor the accomplishments and remember the tragedies that these hardworking individuals experience. The annual celebration of Coal Miners Day began in 1975. In the 18th Century, the industrial revolution started in Britain and later expanded to continental Europe and North-America. In 1880s new coal cutting machines were introduced. In 1912, Steam Shovels were used in surface coal mining.
- On 4th May 2019, International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is observed to recognize and honor the sacrifices that firefighters make to ensure that their communities and environment are as safe as possible. The symbol for International Firefighters Day is a red and blue ribbon. The color red signifies fire and the blue denotes water. These colors also signify emergency services around the world. It was initiated 1994, after a firefighter named JJ Edmondson emailed out to his colleagues calling for an international holiday that would honor the sacrifices and triumphs of firefighters who died in a bushfire in Australia on 4th January 1999.
05th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
05th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|