- On July 3, 2019, the first 2019 report of “State of the Education Report for India 2019: Children with Disabilities” has released by the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) at an event in New Delhi. The Report, which will be an annual publication, highlights accomplishments and challenges with regards to the right to education of children with disabilities (CWDs).
- On July 3, 2019, the first 2019 report of “State of the Education Report for India 2019: Children with Disabilities” has released by the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) at an event in New Delhi. The Report, which will be an annual publication, highlights accomplishments and challenges with regards to the right to education of children with disabilities (CWDs). India is home to eight million children with disabilities and there are more than 78 lakh children aged under 19 lived with disabilities. At present three-fourths of 5-year old children and one-fourths of kids aged between 5 and 19 with disabilities in India are out of school. Fail to attain literacy: Only 61% of CWDs were attending an educational institution, about 12% had dropped out, while 27% had never been to school at all.
- On July 4, 2019, Minister of State for Jal Shakti Rattan Lal Kataria stated that under the Government’s ambitious scheme, “Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin)” 9 crores 62 lakh individual household toilets have been constructed since 2014.Coverage: In the rural areas of the country, the sanitation coverage has increased to more than 99%, which was over 38% on 2nd October 2014.ODF: 632 Districts, 30 States, over 2.50 lakh Gram Panchayats and five lakh 67 thousand 498 villages have been declared open defecation Free(ODF).
- The highways of Delhi-Jaipur and Delhi-Agra are India’s first highway corridors will get charging stations for electric vehicles by March 2020. The total distance of the corridors on Yamuna Expressway (between Delhi and Agra) and National Highway 48 (between Delhi and Jaipur) will be 500 km and 18 charging stations will be set up near toll plazas on both these highways routes to charge &change batteries. Proposal: The e-corridor was first proposed under the Ease of Doing Business Programme of the Advance Services for Social and Administrative Reforms (ASSAR), a private firm backed by the central government.
- On July 5, 2019, to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas (26th July 2019), the Indian army has released a special Kargil Tribute Song’ to honor, salute and pay homage to the Kargil martyrs and the war veterans who sacrificed and fought for the country. The song titled ‘Tujhe Bhulega Na Tera Hindustan’ has been written by renowned Bollywood lyricist Sameer featuring Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Olympic bronze medalist boxer Mary Kom, actors Salman Khan, Vicky Kaushal, Anupam Kher, Kangana Ranaut, and Suniel Shetty.6.
- As per the analysis by environmental Non Governmental Organization (NGO) Greenpeace India, transport and industrial clusters were giving rise to the country’s worst Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) hotspots like Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Hyderabad. They have high vehicular population and diesel consumption. The data was collected between February 2018 and May 2019.Coal consumption and industrial clusters like Sonbhadra -Singrauli in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, Korba in Chattisgarh, Talcher in Odisha, Chandrapur in Maharashtra, Mundra in Gujarat and Durgapur in West Bengal were polluting the environment with Nitrogen Oxide emissions.