1. The Nobel Prize 2020 in the Physics category has been awarded to Roger Penrose while the other half was jointly awarded to Andrea Ghez and Reinhard Genzel. The three scientists have been awarded the prestigious prize for their groundbreaking discoveries about the black holes.
2. Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine was awarded jointly to Harvey J. Alter, Michael Houghton and Charles M. Rice for the discovery of Hepatitis C virus, which is a major source of liver disease that affects millions worldwide.
3. The Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry on October 6, 2020 released the standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the reopening of cinema halls and theatres. Under the SOPs, the centre has allowed cinema halls to function with only 50 percent of their total seating capacity. Alternate seats will have to be left vacant to maintain social distancing.
4. The Government released compensation cess worth nearly Rs 20,000 crore to all the states on October 5, 2020. The announcement for the same was made by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman after the 42nd GST Council meet.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping will come face-to-face for the very first time since the India-China border standoff in Eastern Ladakh at the virtual BRICS Summit on November 17, 2020.
6. The Foreign Ministers of all four Quad countries- India, US, Japan, Australia are scheduled to meet today in Tokyo, Japan’s capital city. The four QUAD foreign ministers are expected to discuss regional issues and collectively affirm the importance of maintaining a free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific.
7. The Bihar Assembly Election Results will be announced on November 10, 2020 after the completion of counting of votes. The elections will be held in three phases on 28th October,3rd November and 7th November.
8. The Hyderabad-based MagFast Beverages has won the battle against Pepsico to use the trademark, ‘Mountain Dew’. MagFast Beverages Chairman Syed Ghaziuddin stated on October 5, 2020 that they had started selling packaged drinking water named ‘Mountain Dew in the year 2000. He stated that PepsiCo launched its soft drink product in India under the name ‘Mountain Dew’ by 2003.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|