- Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2019-20 reduces Repo Rate by 35 basis points from 5.75 per cent to 5.40 per cent with immediate effect.
- Sushma Swaraj, former external affairs minister and Delhi’s first female chief minister, passed away on August 6, 2019. She was 67. Sushma Swaraj was taken to the AIIMS soon after she suffered from a heart attack.
- The Rajasthan Assembly passed a bill providing for life imprisonment and a fine up to Rs 5 lakh to convicts in cases of mob lynching involving the victim’s death. Rajasthan became the second Congress-ruled state after Madhya Pradesh to make a law against mob lynching.
- As per the data released by Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) 2017-18, 6.1% of India’s labour force, and 17.8% of young people (15-29 years) in the labour force are unemployed.
- The National handloom day is observed annually on 7th August to honour the handloom weaving community and highlight the importance of India’s handloom industry.
- The RBI has reduced the Repo Rate in its Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20 to 5.40 percent from 5.75 percent. Consequently, the Reverse Repo Rate now stands at 5.15 percent.
- India recently contributed USD 5 million to UN Palestine refugee agency under the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA). Earlier, India used to contribute USD 1.25 million to the UNRWA.
- Intelights, India’s first wireless 3-D Smart Traffic Signal System, was launched recently with an aim to regulate traffic signals using a wireless sensor system. The signal has been installed near the Mohali’s Airport Road.
- Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan will be felicitated with ‘Excellence in Cinema’ award by the Victorian State Government of Australia during the Indian Film Festival on August 8, 2019.
- US tennis superstar Serena Williams topped Forbes magazine’s list of the highest-paid women in sports for the fourth straight year.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|