1.Indian Skipper Virat Kohli has come under the ‘conflict of interest’ scanner in relation to two of his companies- Virat Kohli Sports LLP company and Cornerstone Venture Partners LLP. Sanjeev Gupta has raised a question on Kohli’s involvement in the two companies calling it a violation of BCCI’s Constitution.
2. Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur announced on July 6 that Himachal has become the first state in the country where all the households have LPG gas connections.
3. The Haryana Cabinet on July 6, 2020 approved a proposal that seeks to bring an ordinance to reserve 75 percent jobs in the private sector for the state’s youth.
4. The Indian Government and the World Bank have signed an agreement for MSME Emergency Response Programme worth USD 750 million. The agreement aims at supporting an increased flow of finance to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
5. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on July 6 announced that the government has decided that Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary will soon be upgraded into National Park. The decision was made at a meeting that Sonowal had with the government officials.
6. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on July 6 launched the Maha Jobs Portal which aims at providing job opportunities to residents of the state. The newly launched portal will help in the recruitment of semi-skilled, skilled, and unskilled employees.
7. Injeti Srinivas has been appointed as a Chairman of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. The news was confirmed through an official notice released on July 6, 2020.
8. In response to the directions by ICMR, the maximum number of the institutes has started the subject enrolment process for the first phase of the human trial for the COVID-19 vaccine from July 7, 2020.