1. In his first overseas visit as India’s External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar reached Bhutan on June 7, 2019. He was received by his Bhutanese counterpart Tandi Dorji on his arrival. During the visit, Jaishankar will hold talks with Tandi Dorji and call on Bhutanese Prime Minister Lotay Tshering.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 6, 2019, approved reconstitution of government’s policy think tank NITI Aayog, including Home Minister Amit Shah, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar as ex-officio members.
3. The International Cricket Council has asked the BCCI to get army insignia removed from MS Dhoni’s wicket-keeping gloves. Former Indian skipper MS Dhoni was spotted wearing the ‘Balidaan Badge’ on his gloves.
4. India will be playing against Australia in its second match of the ICC World Cup 2019. The match will take place on June 9, 2019, at the Oval in London.
5. The World Food Safety Day was celebrated across the world on June 7, 2019, under the theme “Food Safety, everyone’s business”. Food safety is key to achieving several UN Sustainable Development Goals and is a shared responsibility between governments, producers, and consumers.
6. India’s second richest business tycoon Azim Premji announced his retirement recently. He will retire in July 2019 as the Executive Chairman and Managing Director of India’s fourth-largest IT Company, Wipro.
7. Union Culture Minister Prahalad Singh Patel inaugurated the ‘Unknown Masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art’ exhibition at National Museum in New Delhi. The exhibition aims to highlight the Folk art tradition of Himachal Pradesh.
8. Thailand Parliament elected Prayuth Chan-Ocha as the Prime Minister of the country. This will be the second term of Prayuth. Prayuth is the candidate of the military-backed Palang Pracharath party.
9. India will tour New Zealand in 2020 to play in all three formats – T20 Internationals, One-Day Internationals and Test matches, beginning January 24, 2020.
10. The Agreement for Exchange of Information was notified in the Gazette of India (Extraordinary) on May 21, 2019, between the India and Marshall Islands. The agreement was signed on March 18, 2016, at Majuro.
07th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
07th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here