1. Justice PR Ramachandra Menon was on May 6, 2019 sworn-in as the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court. The office the Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh fell vacant after the resignation of Chief Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi following his appointment as Judicial Member in the Lokpal.
2. The Supreme Court on May 7, 2019, rejected the review petition filed by 21 opposition parties seeking 50 percent verification of Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) during the counting of votes in Lok Sabha Elections 2019. The petition was filed after the conclusion of the third phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 by leaders of 21 Opposition political parties led by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
3. The World Asthma Day was observed across the globe on May 7, 2019, the first Tuesday of May 2019. The day is observed across the world to spread awareness about Asthma and its care around the world. The day is organized and sponsored by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) as a partnership between health care groups and asthma educators to raise awareness about asthma.
4. INS Ranjit, a Rajput class front-line missile destroyer, was decommissioned at a ceremony at Naval Dockyard at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, after having served the Indian Navy for 36 years. On the sunset of May 6, 2019, the National Flag, Naval Ensign, and Commissioning Pennant onboard the INS Ranjit were lowered for one last time, indicating the end of the Ranjit era in the Indian Navy.
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched the Action Plan for Healthy Oceans and Sustainable Blue Economies for the Asia and Pacific region at the 52nd Annual Meeting of ADB’s Board of Governors in Fiji. The plan will expand financing and technical assistance for ocean health and marine economy projects to USD 5 billion from 2019 to 2024.
6. India and the United States have agreed to strengthen economic co-operation and bilateral trade by ensuring greater collaboration amongst stakeholders, including government, businesses, and entrepreneurs.
7. Mali’s president Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta on May 5, 2019, named a new government under Prime Minister Boubou Cisse after his predecessor Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga resigned last month amid widespread protests over an upsurge of deadly inter-communal violence. Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga and his entire cabinet resigned on April 18 following the massacre of around 160 members of the Fulani herding community on March 23 in the village of Ogossagou.
8. US President Donald Trump on May 6, 2019, bestowed Tiger Woods with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, describing the golfer as one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports. The 43-year-old is only the fourth and the youngest golfer ever to have received the highest American civilian award.
9. The UAE has launched its Ramzan campaign in Yemen, which will include a package of charity and humanitarian initiatives that will benefit over 2.5 million people, including 1.5 million children and 5 lakh women.
10. The Election Commission of India has permitted relaxation in the model code of conduct for the Maharashtra government to undertake drought relief works. The relaxation was made after chief minister Devendra Fadnavis wrote to the EC on April 30 on the issue. Polling for all the 48 Lok Sabha seats in the state got over on April 29.
07th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
07th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|