- The Iranian lawmakers voted on May 4, 2020 to change Iran’s national currency from ‘Rial’ to ‘Toman’. The lawmakers approved an amendment to Iran’s Monetary and Banking Act of Iran to make the change. Iran’s existing currency will continue to remain valid alongside “Toman” for two years, during which the old coins and bills will be gradually collected to replace them with new ones.
- The LG polymers plant located in Visakhapatnam witnessed a horrific gas tragedy early morning on May 7, 2020. Toxic styrene gas leaked from one of the unit’s chambers around 3.00 a.m. The toxic fumes spread in nearby villages, which resulted in many people falling unconscious on the roads after they rushed out of their homes in panic.
- The Aarogya Setu IVRS service is a toll-free service, which can be used by citizens by giving a missed call to 1921. The users will get a call back requesting for inputs regarding their health.
- The Chinese government has assured that the foreign firms will get equal access to government support policies, including those on land and tax cuts. The nation’s commerce ministry made the announcement in response to concerns raised by the American Chamber of Commerce in China regarding hurdles to a truly level playing field for the US firms in China.
- Bangladesh has decided to re-open mosques for public prayers from May 7, 2020. The Cabinet Division of the Bangladesh government had made the recommendation. The mosques, have, however, been asked to observe precautions and follow the directives issued by the Health Ministry.
- The Maharashtra government on May 6 allowed 12-hour shifts for factory workers across the state until June 30. The decision was taken in the wake of factories facing the labour shortage with migrant workers going back home.
- India on May 6, 2020 banned the export of alcohol-based hand sanitisers in the wake of rising demand of the sanitisers in the domestic markets.
- Vesak, the Day of the Full Moon was observed on May 7, 2020. The Day of “Vesak” is considered sacred by the Buddhists, as it was on the Day of Vesak two and a half millennia ago, in 623 B.C., that the Buddha was born. The Buddha reportedly attained enlightenment on the same day and passed away also in his eightieth year.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|