1. The 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal (Kangla Tongbi) was commemorated by Army Ordnance Corps at Kangla Tongbi War Memorial near Imphal, Manipur. The Battle of Imphal is referred to as one of the bloodiest battles of World War-II. The battle was fought from March 8 to July 3, 1944, by the Indian Army against the Japanese aiming to capture the logistics base of the allied forces.
2. The Board of private sector lender, Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd (LVB) on April 5, 2019, approved its merger with the mortgage financier, Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd in an all-stock deal. As per the ‘Scheme of Amalgamation’ approved by the LVB board, for every 100 shares of Laxmi Vilas Bank held, shareholders will receive 14 shares of Indiabulls Housing Finance.
3. The biannual Army Commanders’ Conference 2019 began on April 8, 2019, in New Delhi. The opening address was delivered by the Defence Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman. The conference will go on till April 14, 2019, and will be chaired by General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Army Staff.
4. Eminent theatre organizer and playwright Kartik Chandra Rath passed away in Odisha on April 1, 2019. He is the recipient of Kendra Sangeet Natak Akademi award and Odisha Sangeet Natak Akademi award.
5. India on 5 April observes the National Maritime Day to inform people and spread awareness about intercontinental commerce and the economy worldwide. The theme of the National Maritime Day 2019 was “Indian Ocean-An Ocean of opportunity”.
6. Senior US Treasury official David Malpass was on April 6, 2019, unanimously chosen as the new President of the World Bank. During the 2016 US presidential election, Malpass had served as an economic advisor to Donald Trump. He was also recognized for his forecasts before the financial crisis of 2007–2008 and in the time period following the Great Recession.
7. The United States on April 7, 2019, called for an immediate halt to military operations in Libya as the Libyan National Army headed by Khalifa Haftar advanced on the nation’s capital, Tripoli. Around 11 people were killed and 23 wounded in clashes in southern Tripoli on April 7. The UN had appealed for a two-hour truce so casualties and civilians could be evacuated, but the fighting continued.
8. Justice Pradeep Nandrajog on April 7, 2019, took oath as the new Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court. He was administered the oath by Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao at the Raj Bhavan. Justice Nandrajog was serving as the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court since March 2017, following his transfer from the Delhi High Court.
9. Kirstjen Nielsen, the US homeland security secretary, on April 7, 2019, stepped down from her position, ending a tumultuous tenure in charge of the border security agency that had made her the target of the president’s criticism.
10. Chinese badminton ace Lin Dan clinched the Malaysia Open in Kuala Lumpur on April 7, 2019. After an electric performance, he beat countryman Chen Long 9-21, 21-7, 21-11. The title is Lin’s first winning this year and also his first major success since taking the Malaysia Open in 2017.
08th April 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
08th April 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|