- Municipal corporations and state pollution boards have been mandated by the Supreme Court of India to upload data pertaining to collection and disposal of Covid-19 biomedical from residences and quarantine centres on ‘COVID19BWM app’ created by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
- The Khurja-Dadri section of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor is among the first tracks in India where the New Track Construction machine has been used for tracking construction.
- Uttarakhand state forest department will open India’s first conversation centre for snow leopards in Uttarakashi district soon, said Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.
“The centre will come up at Lanka in Bhairoghhati area of Uttarkashi forest division. The decision will help to conserve the precious species.
- Ashfaq Mehmood Choudhary, a 17-year-old boy from Chattyear of Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district, has developed a file-sharing app ‘Dodo Drop’ which would enable users to share audios, videos, images, and texts between two devices without Internet access.
- The U.K. government has decided to issue a commemorative coin to mark the 150th birthday anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, said Britain’s Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid.
- The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has given Amazon approval for its Project Kuiper low orbit satellite constellation, to provide Internet access.
- Apple Inc became the world’s most valuable company with its market value overtaking Saudi Aramco in the wake of better-than-expected earnings. It’s the first time the company’s valuation has surpassed that of Saudi Arabia’s National oil company.
- Global remittances will fall by 108.6 billion dollars if the Covid-19 economic impact persists throughout the year, according to the Asian Development Bank (ADB). This is equivalent to 18.3 per cent decline from what would have been expected without the impact of Covid-19.
- Reserve Bank of India announced that it has decided to allow lenders to provide one-time restructuring facility on a few loans that were standard as on March 1, 2020 on account of ongoing coronavirus crisis and the resultant stress in the system.
RBI governor Shaktikanta Das announced setting up of an expert committee headed by veteran banker KV Kamath which would make recommendations to the RBI on the required financial parameters.
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries has been ranked the second biggest brand after Apple on the Future Brand Index 2020.