1. On May 7, 2019, India was re-elected as an Observer to the Arctic Council. India first got the Observer status to the Council in the year 2013 during the Kiruna Ministerial meeting held in Sweden.
2. Former US President Barack Obama is the world’s most followed politician with a total following of 182.7 million, as per the report released by digital marketing platform SEMrush on May 7, 2019. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the second most followed politician globally.
3. Father of modern legal education in India, NR Madhava Menon passed away recently. He was 84. Menon conceptualized 5-year integrated LLB course, replacing the earlier 3-year course.
4. The purple frog will soon be crowned as Kerala’s state amphibian. The species is also known as Maveli frog. It is endemic to the Western Ghats and is listed as ‘endangered’ by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
5. India’s Jagjit Pavadia was on May 7, 2019, re-elected for another term to the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB). The 60-year-old won the election of the narcotics control board with the highest number of votes at 44. The announcement of her victory was made by India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin after the election results were announced.
6. Iran on May 8, 2019, announced its withdrawal from some commitments under the 2015 international nuclear deal. The nation stated that it will resume higher enrichment of uranium in 60 days unless a new agreement can be reached.
7. Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena has appealed to the international community to lift travel warnings issued after the Easter Sunday attacks. India, United States, China, UK, and Australia are among the countries which issued travel warnings after Easter attacks.
8. The Home Ministry has decided to discard its ‘Black List’ of Indian-origin people. The list mostly comprised the names of people belonging to the Sikh Community, who have taken asylum abroad under the plea of alleged persecution in India.
08th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
08th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|