- Bollywood actress Dia Mirza’s term as UNEP Goodwill Ambassador has been extended till 2022. Mirza is also a United Nations Sustainability Development Goals Advocate.
- Iranian lawmakers voted on May 4, 2020 to change Iran’s national currency from ‘Rial’ to ‘Toman’. Under the amended law, the existing currency of Iran will continue to remain valid alongside “Toman” for two years, during which the old coins and bills will be gradually collected to replace them with new ones.
- The State Bank of India, which is the country’s largest lender, has increased its home loan rates linked to repo rate up to 30 basis points amid market indications of rising credit risk amid coronavirus pandemic.
- Vista Equity Partners, a US-based firm will soon invest Rs 11,367 crore into Reliance Jio Platforms for a 2.32 percent stake. This will make Vista the largest investor in Jio Platforms, only behind Reliance Industries and Facebook.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended most of its labour laws for three years to attract investment and help both existing and new industrial units.
- The World Thalassemia Day is observed on May 8. The day aims to create awareness about Thalassemia and avoid the disease from transmitting to other people.
- The United Nations marks the Time of Remembrance and reconciliation for those who lost their lives during the Second World War every year on May 8-9. The day tribute to all the victims of the Second World War. This is also marked as the historic event, as it paved the way for the establishment of the United Nations.
- The Telangana government has issued an order imposing a fine worth Rs 1000 for not wearing masks in public places. The order has been passed to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|