1. The organizers of the French Open confirmed on September 7, 2020 that they have decided to allow spectators inside the stadium for the matches despite the concerns regarding the growing number of COVID-19 cases in the nation.
2. The Indo-Tibet Border Police (ITBP) has sent female doctors to forward operating locations in Ladakh for the first-ever time. The ITBP female doctors have given all kinds of charge from sending troops from Leh to taking care of them at the forward locations.
3. PUBG Corporation has decided to end the PUBG MOBILE franchise with Tencent Games in India in the view of the latest developments. The PUBG Corporation has decided to take on all publishing responsibilities within the country moving forward.
4. Phase III clinical trials of Russia’s Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine is set to begin in several countries including India in September. This was confirmed by Kirill Dmitriev, the head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund on September 7, 2020.
5. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy on September 7, 2020 released the state’s new Electronic Hardware and Manufacturing Policy-2020. The policy is aimed at increasing the state’s electronics industry output to $100 billion by 2025.
6. International Literacy Day was observed across the globe on September 8, 2020. The day is celebrated every year on September 8 to remind everyone of the importance of literacy for individuals, communities and societies. The focus of the day this year on “Literacy, teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond”.
7. Veteran Telugu actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away on September 8, 2020. The 74-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. He was popular for his role in films including Narasimha Naidu, Samarasimha Reddy, Preminchukundam Raa, Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana, Julayi and Bollywood films like Ready and Kick.
8. The third annual Indo-pacific Business Forum is scheduled to be held in Vietnam’s capital Hanoi on October 28 and 29, 2020. The Indo-Pacific Business Forum will be conducted via a secure online conferencing platform and there will also be in-person participation in some of the events for the attendees in Hanoi.