1. Facebook chose London as the base for rolling out WhatsApp Pay globally. WhatsApp Pay is the digital payments service available on the messaging platform. The company is currently working on to launch WhatsApp Pay in India.
2. Former Supreme Court judge, Justice (Retired) KS Radhakrishnan was appointed as the Member of the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal of London. He will serve a 4-year term.
3. The Supreme Court ruled that it will not extend the deadline for finalization of the Assam National Register of Citizens (NRC). The ruling came after NRC Coordinator Prateek Hajela informed that claimants, who have objected to inclusion or exclusion of certain individuals, have not appeared before panels.
4. The Global Road Safety Week is being celebrated across the world from May 6 to May 12, 2019. The Theme for this year’s week is ‘Leadership for road safety’.
5. The 158th Birth Anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore was celebrated across the country. Tagore was a poet, short-story writer, song composer, playwright, essayist, and painter. He wrote ‘Jana Gana Mana’, the national anthem for India.
6. Chris Gayle has been appointed as the vice-captain of the West Indies World Cup team that will be led by Jason Holder. The 39-year-old Jamaican, who will retire from the One-day International (ODI) format of the game following the Cricket World Cup 2019, expressed his gratitude and support to the team.
7. US President Donald Trump has imposed stricter sanctions on Iran’s iron, copper, steel, and aluminum industry. The move aims to stop Iran acquiring a nuclear weapon and intercontinental ballistic missiles.
8. Singapore’s Parliament has passed a new law, the Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Bill, to fight the menace of fake news. The new legislation will enable the ruling government to order social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to put up warnings next to posts that are deemed to be false or get them taken down in extreme cases.
9. The Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Indian Consulate in Dubai have issued cautionary warning to the Indians seeking jobs in the UAE, saying that they must authenticate their employment offers and permit visas before arriving in the country
10. The Supreme Court Collegium has recommended the names of Justices B R Gavai and Surya Kant to the Centre for their elevation as apex court judges. While Justice Gavai is presently a judge at the Bombay High Court, Justice Kant is the current Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
09th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
09th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|