1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) connecting Chennai and Port Blair on August 10, 2020 via video conferencing. Under the project, a 2,300 km long optical fiber cable has been laid undersea between the two cities that will help enhance telecom and Broadband connectivity in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
2. James Harris, known popularly as Kamala in WWE, passed away at the age of 70 on August 9, 2020. He had made his pro wrestling debut in 1978. He was best known for his appearances with WWE (formerly named WWF) from 1984 to 2006.
3. Chhattisgarh’s Jagdalpur has become the first municipal corporation in the country to provide forest land rights certificates to people of an urban area. Jagdalpur is one of the few municipal corporations, jurisdiction areas of which includes forestlands. Till now, almost 1,777 applications have been received for forestland right certificates.
4. President Ram Nath Kovind honoured and felicitated 202 freedom fighters from across the country on August 9, 2020 on the occasion of the 78th anniversary of Quit India Day. Every year, the President hosts an at Home reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan on the anniversary of the Quit India Movement to honour freedom fighters. However, this year the reception could not be organised due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Atmanirbhar Bharat Saptah on August 10, 2020. The special week promotes Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to create a self-reliant India with an increased focus on local manufacturing and production.
6. Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung erupted on August 10, 2020 spewing massive tower of smoke and ash into the sky, plunging local communities and villages into darkness. Mt. Sinabung, which was dormant volcano for almost 400 years, roared back to life in 2010.
7. The International Cricket Council on August 7, 2020 announced that the postponed ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 will now be held in Australia in 2022. The T20 World Cup 2021, which was scheduled in India, will take place as planned.
8. Mauritius’ Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth declared a state of environmental emergency on August 7, 2020 after a shipwreck caused a massive fuel spill. A Japanese-owned ship, which ran aground on July 25, has been leaking tons of oil. The ship is reportedly carrying nearly 4000 tons of fuel oil and 200 tons of diesel on board.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|