- India was ranked at the 9th position in the Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2019. The index was released on December 10, 2019 at the COP25 climate summit in Madrid, Spain. Besides India, only one G20 nation -the UK was ranked high in the index, while eight G20 countries were ranked in the worst category of the index.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s tweet celebrating BJP’s landslide victory in the Lok Sabha General Elections 2019 has won India’s ‘Golden Tweet’ honour for 2019. His tweet was the most retweeted and liked tweet of the year, as per Twitter.
- Bharti Airtel is rolling out Wi-Fi calling feature for its prepaid and postpaid subscribers across India. The feature will enable Airtel users to use their home Wi-Fi network to make calls using VoIP, instead of relying on cellular connectivity.
- The International Human Rights Day is observed every year on December 10. Human rights mainly include economic, social and cultural rights and international commitments on civil and political rights.
- India has recorded improvement of one position in UNDP’s Human Development rankings. India ranks 129 out of 189 countries in the Human Development Rankings. However, Pakistan improved three positions and reached 147th position from 150th in 2018.
- Abu Dhabi has been selected as the world’s leading sports tourism destination in the 26th edition of the World Tourism Awards (WTA) held in Muscat. This is the seventh consecutive time that Abu Dhabi has been selected for this prestigious award.
- Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari has recently been selected for the Gangadhar National Award. He will be given Rs 50,000, a shawl and souvenir under this award.
- George J. Laurer, who had invented Universal Product Code (Bar code) at IBM, passed away last week at the age of 94 years. His invention transformed retail and other industries across the world. He had served as an electrical engineer with IBM in North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park in the 1970s when he had spearheaded the development of bar code.
- Miss Universe 2019 winner is South Africa’s Zozibini Tunzi. Tunzi beat 90 participants to claim the coveted crown. The top three contestants included Zozibini Tunzi, Madison Anderson from Puerto Rico and Ashley Alvidrez from Mexico.
- Sanna Marin will become the world’s youngest prime minister and Finland’s third female head of the government. The 34-year-old was elected as the leader of the Social Democratic Party, the largest party in the coalition, after she beat her rival Antti Lindtman with 32-29 votes at the Social Democratic Party council meeting on December 8, 2019.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|