1. The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) inducted 34 women commandos into its specialised Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) unit for the first time on February 7, 2021. The CoBRA unit is skilled in guerrilla tactics and jungle warfare and is deployed in Naxal-affected areas. It was raised in 2009.
2. Twitter on February 10, 2021 informed that it has taken multiple enforcement actions including permanent suspension of over 500 accounts for a clear breach of Twitter’s policies. The move comes in response to the ”legal requests” from the Central government.
3. The Odisha Cabinet has resolved to move the Union Government demanding implementation of the recommendations of the MS Swaminathan Committee regarding minimum support price (MSP) of all crops, for doubling the farmers’ income.
4. Bangladesh has received USD 200 mn from World Bank for safe water and sanitation services for rural areas. The agreement was signed between the Bangladesh government and the World Bank on February 9, 2021. The project aims to provide 3.6 million people access to hygienic sanitation facilities and about 6 lakh people access to clean water in rural areas.
5. The United Arab Emirates’ space probe entered the orbit of Mars on February 9, 2021, marking a historic moment for the Arab world. UAE’s space probe called Al Amal, which means ‘Hope’ in Arabic, has finally reached its destination after a 7-month long journey. This is the Arab world’s first interplanetary mission.
6. The Uttar Pradesh government has introduced a system of unique 16-digit Unicode in order to mark all kinds of landholdings in the state. According to the official spokesperson of the state government who shared the news on February 7, 2021, the Unicode will be issued by the government.
7. Indian short film ‘Bittu’ has been shortlisted for the 93rd Academy Awards in the Live-Action Category. Bittu has emerged amongst the Top 10 candidates after the first round of voting, competing amongst 174 films from across the globe. The film will now be subjected to the votes of members of the short films and animation branch to determine the shortlists and the nominees.
8. The US and China’s space probes are scheduled to arrive at Mars in the next couple of days. Both China and US missions comprise a combination of orbiter and lander. If China is able to successfully land its mission on Mars, it will become the second country in the world to land successfully on the Red Planet after the United States, which has done it eight times.
9. India shares its borders with China, Pakistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Nepal and Bangladesh. This makes a total of 7 countries.
10. India shares the longest borders with Bangladesh which is 4096 kilometres.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|