- India and New Zealand faced each other for the first time in the World Cup 2019 tournament in the Semi-finals, as their group stage match had been washed out due to rain.
- Arun Kumar, Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor to Ministry of Civil Aviation was appointed as the Director General in Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in the rank of Additional Secretary.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) finalised ‘Three Year Roadmap’ named as Utkarsh 2022 to improve supervision and regulation. The plan is in line with Global standards to strengthen regulatory and supervisory mechanism.
- In order to promote solar energy across the world, the Karnataka government has decided to award the Karnataka Visvesvaraya Solar Award in the name of Bharat Ratna M. Visvesvaraya. This award will be given every year for a country in the world to do better in the field of Floating Solar Project.
- Hyundai Motor launched India’s first fully electric SUV in the national capital. The SUV will offer a range of 452 km/charge, according to ARAI certification. An 80% charge can be achieved in 57 minutes with DC quick charger, using the CCS type II charging port.
- A statutory resolution has reportedly been passed in the upper House of the Parliament, Rajya Sabha imposing 200% customs duty on all the goods imported from Pakistan. It was a formalisation of the February 2019 move by the government of India to hike customs duty on all the goods imported from Pakistan after the Pulwama attack.
- As per report published by UNESCO one in four Pakistani children won’t be able to complete their primary education by 2030. Pakistan will only half-way complete the target of 12 years of education for all, with 50% of youth still not completing upper secondary education at the current rates, the UN body added.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) carried out three successful test firings of the Nag anti-tank missiles in the Pokhran firing ranges. The missiles were test-fired during both day and night during the trials. All three tests were successful.