1. Veteran actor Paresh Rawal has been appointed as the Chairperson of the National School of Drama (NSD), India’s premier theatre institute. The post had been vacant since 2017.
2. The Supreme Court has ordered a stay on reservation for those belonging to the Maratha community in government jobs and educational institutions in Maharashtra. The stay order was delivered by a three-judge bench headed by Justice L Nageswara Rao.
3. Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has become the world’s 40th most valuable firm after it became the first Indian company to cross USD 210 billion in market capitalisation intra-day.
4. The Indian government has introduced stricter visa norms for the Chinese Nationals. These norms will bring the Chinese on a par with Prior Referral Category countries such as Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan.
5. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched Doorstep Banking Services by Public Sector Banks (PSBs) on September 9, 2020. The services aim to provide customers with the convenience of banking services at their doorsteps.
6. Coronavirus may be capable of directly invading the brain, claims a new study published on September 9, 2020. The study noted that headaches, confusion and delirium experienced by some of the COVID-19 patients may be a result of the same.
7. The World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) was observed on September 10, 2020. The day is observed -every year on this date to raise awareness around the globe that suicides can be prevented.
8. India and Japan have signed an agreement concerning Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services between the Armed Forces of India and the Self-Defense Forces of Japan. The agreement was signed on September 9, 2020 between Union Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumar and Ambassador of Japan Suzuki Satoshi.