- National Technology Day is observed every year on May 11. It is observed to commemorate India’s technological advancements. The day’s theme this year is ‘Focusing on rebooting the economy through Science and Technology.’
- The World Health Organisation and the UN Postal Agency released a commemorative stamp on May 9, 2020 to mark the 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox. The smallpox eradication campaign was initiated by WHO in 1967. Finally in 1980, WHO declared the eradication of smallpox from the world.
- Maharana Pratap Singh was the 13th king of Mewar (the present Rajasthan). He was born on May 9, 1540. Maharana is known for his bravery during the Battle of Haldighati, which he fought against the forces of Mughal Emperor Akbar and lost.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) signed an agreement with the Indian government on May 8, 2020 to provide funds worth USD 500 million to support India’s “COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project”.
- The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on May 8, 2020 launched the ‘Pravasi Rahat Mitra’ app for the migrant workers of the state who have been returning from other states amid the lockdown.
- The Jharkhand state government on May 8, 2020 issued an order banning the manufacture, storage, distribution or sale of Pan Masala containing Magnesium Carbonate in the state for a period of one year.
- The National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune has successfully developed India’s first indigenous antibody detection kit for novel coronavirus. Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said that the antibody test will play a significant role in surveillance for COVID-19 infection.
- The Indian Railways has announced the gradual restart of special passenger train services from May 12, 2020. Initially, 15 pairs of trains will ply with passengers on board. Out of these, 14 trains will start from tomorrow and the 15th one will start from May 13th.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|