1. UNICEF Foundation Day is celebrated every year on December 11 ever since the United Nations General Assembly created UNICEF on the same day back in 1946.
2. In order to raise awareness of the need to protect mountains and its biodiversity, International Mountain Day is observed on December 11. The theme for International Mountain Day 2020 is mountain biodiversity.
3. Astad Deboo, the pioneer of contemporary dance in India, and a recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri and Sangeet Natak Akademi awards, passed away after a brief illness. He was 73.
Deboo trained in Kathak as well as Kathakali and went on to combine the two classical dance forms to create a unique fusion dance form, earning the tag of ‘pioneer of modern dance in India’.
4. The 2023 Indian Ocean Island Games (IOIG), will take place in Madagascar, instead of Maldives. It will be the 11th edition of this multi-sport event for athletes representing the National Olympic Committees of Indian Ocean island nations.
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) upgraded its forecast for the Indian economy, projecting 8% contraction in 2020-21 as compared to 9% estimated earlier, on the back of a faster-than-expected recovery.
6. Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance has launched its new digital campaign- ‘heroes of my city’ celebrating real life heroes and their acts of generosity during the ongoing pandemic. The campaign starts with actress Bhumi Pednekar lending a strong voice to the idea of recognising these real-life heroes that exist in every city.
7. The Union Cabinet approved a proposal for setting up public WiFi hotspots across the country via public data offices or PDOs, which could even be a Kirana shop or a pan shop. The move, aimed at helping accelerate the uptake of broadband Internet services, will not require the PDOs to get a license or pay a fee. The public Wi-Fi Access Network Interface, which will be called ‘PM-WANI’, was first recommended by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) in 2017.
8. In a bid to provide basic amenities and conducive atmosphere to new entrepreneurs, a world class incubation centre is in the offing in Maharashtra. The state government would sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Cornell University from New York, USA for setting up the incubation centre. With this, Maharashtra will become the first state in the country to come up with such a centre.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|