- Global economic growth is forecast to edge up to 2.5 per cent in 2020 as investment and trade gradually recover from last year’s significant weakness but downward risks persist, the World Bank said in its January 2020 Global Economic Prospects.
- The World Bank has projected India’s growth at five per cent in the current financial year 2019-20 which is set to recover to 5.8 per cent in the following fiscal year.
- India’s economy is likely to grow two and half times to $7 trillion by 2030, from about $3 trillion now, making India the world’s third largest economy. This implies that nominal GDP growth is likely to average just over 10% through the next decade, Deutsche Bank said in a research report, Imagine 2030.
- Indian ace sprinter Hima Das will be the torchbearer in the opening ceremony of the Khelo India Youth Games 2020. The third edition of Khelo India Youth Games will commence at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Assam.
- Global tech major IBM announced the appointment of Sandip Patel as the new managing director for India and South Asia. Patel, who has been with the US-headquartered company since 2002, succeeds Karan Bajwa who has decided to pursue opportunities outside of IBM.
- Former Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic won the Croatia’s presidential election. He defeated centre-right incumbent Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, who was the first female president of Croatia.
- Jasbinder Bilan has won the UK based Costa Children’s Award 2019. She has won the award for her debut novel ‘Asha and the Spirit Bird’.
- Eminent Odisha dancer and Padma Shri awardee Minati Mishra passed away in Switzerland. She was 91. Born in Cuttack, Minati was a recipient of Odisha Sangeet Natak Akademi award for 1975, and the Padma award in 2012.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated every year on 9th January to mark the contribution of overseas Indian community in the development of India. It also commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa to India on 9 January 1915.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|