- The Dubai-based Indian national, Soham Mukherjee managed to break the previous title of 96 for most side to side hops in 30 seconds.
- India has been ranked eighth for cancer preparedness among 10 Asia-Pacific countries, according to a new report. Australia ranked 1st. The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) report on “Cancer preparedness in Asia-Pacific: Progress towards universal cancer control”, sponsored by Roche, examines the findings from the EIU’s Index of Cancer Preparedness.
- BofA Securities, a foreign brokerage, stated that India’s GDP will contract by 3% in FY21 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, assuming the economy is opened up fully from next. The Indian GDP will contract this fiscal, with some estimates ranging up to 7% negative growth.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered the inaugural address at the India Global Week 2020, a virtual conference which is being organised in the UK. Themed ”Be The Revival: India and a Better New World”, the event have 5,000 global participants from 30 nations and will be addressed by 250 global speakers in 75 sessions.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has formed a working group to examine the feasibility of ‘Pandemic Risk Pool’.
Suresh Mathur, Executive Director- IRDAI, will be the Chairman for the 9-member working group with industry representatives as members.
- According to data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Tamil Nadu has so far raised ₹30,500 crore in the fiscal 2020-21 and has topped market borrowings among States in the country.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched BLUIS – Bhubaneswar Land Use Intelligence System, the flagship development of General Administration and Public grievances departments.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to facilitate the sharing of data between Sebi and CBDT on an automatic and regular basis.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) is collaborating with NVIDIA, a multinational technology company, to establish India’s first ‘NVIDIA AI Technology Centre’ (NVAITC) to accelerate research on Artificial Intelligence and its commercial adoption.