1. The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global pandemic on March 11, 2020, triggering global travel bans. The deadly Covid-19 virus has rapidly spread to more than 121,000 people in over 114 countries across the world.
2. The World Golf Hall of Fame would be inducting 82-time PGA TOUR winner Tiger Woods as part of its Class of 2021. The announcement was made on March 11, 2020. Only those players get this honor who has secured at least 15 wins on approved PGA tours. However, earlier one needed to be 50 years of age to be inducted but now the age restriction has been relaxed to 45 years.
3. The Delhi government has invoked the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and ordered the closure of all schools, colleges that are not conducting exams till March 31, 2020. All cinema halls will also be closed till the date.
4. The state government of Maharashtra has approved the new “happy hour” concept for the auto rickshaws. Under the proposal, the fares of autos will be slashed by 15 percent between 12-4 pm. The decision will not apply to local taxis and app-based taxis.
5. The Himachal Pradesh government along with the Centre signed a loan agreement worth $80 million with the World Bank to boost agricultural productivity and improve water management practices in select gram panchayats.
6. The state assembly of Maharashtra has approved a bill that exempts gram panchayats election candidates from submitting their caste validity certificates at the time of filing of the nominations. The candidates can submit the certificates within a year after winning the gram panchayats elections.
7. Wasim Jaffer, known as Tendulkar of domestic cricket in India, recently announced his retirement from all formats of cricket. Wasim Jaffer made his debut in first-class cricket in 1996-97.
8. India has been included in SIPRI’s list of global arms exporters for the first time. India was ranked 23rd in terms of arms exports, but the government’s move to boost arms sales abroad is likely to improve India’s ranking in terms of arms exports in the coming years.
9. Infosys and Qualcomm recently signed an agreement to develop smart city solutions in India. Infosys is Indian software major while Qualcomm is a US-based chipmaker.
10. Russia’s lower house Duma has approved a proposal that could extend Putin’s tenure for two more terms. Now, he can remain the President of the country until the year 2036.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|