1. Russia has become the first nation to successfully complete the human trials of COVID vaccine. Russia’s COVID vaccine has proven to be effective, as per the results of the trials.
2. The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to run a Roko -Toko campaign for those who do not wear masks. Under the campaign, select voluntary organizations will provide masks to those who don’t wear masks in public places and charge them Rs 20 per mask.
3. Kelly Preston, Hollywood actress and wife of John Travolta passed away at the age of 57. She was suffering from breast cancer. The tragic news was shared by Travolta and his daughter Ella Bleu on Instagram.
4. The Indian Army has decided to place another order for 72,000 Sig 716 assault rifles from the United States. This will be the second batch of rifles being ordered from the US, as the first lot comprising 72000 rifles has already been delivered to the Army.
5. The Supreme Court upheld the rights of the Travancore royal family in administration and management of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala. The long-awaited verdict was delivered on July 13, 2020.
6. Bangladesh has made COVID-19 negative certificates mandatory for its citizens travelling abroad. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced on July 12, 2020 that the decision was taken during an inter-ministerial meeting chaired by the Foreign Minister Dr. AK Abdul Momen.
7. The ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) yet again scripted its victory in the Singapore Elections 2020. The final results showed that the PAP had retained power but its support was reported to have fallen to a record low. The general elections were held on July 10, 2020.
8. United Kingdom (UK) government figures which were released on July 10 showed that India has become the second-largest source of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the UK by investing in 120 projects and creating 5,429 new jobs in the United Kingdom.