1. The World Sleep Day was celebrated on March 13, 2020. The first-ever World Sleep Day was observed on March 14, 2008. This day highlights the benefits of sleep for human body.
2. India got ‘C’ ranking in the Animal Protection Index 2020 along with other countries like Spain, New Zealand, France and Mexico. India is the first Asian country to ban the import of cosmetic products that were tested on animals. India had banned the use of cosmetic products on animals in 2013.
3. India was ranked 46th in the Inclusive Internet Index 2020 released by the Economist Intelligence Unit, while Pakistan is ranked 76th. This list includes 100 countries of the world.
4. The Union Government has revised the deadline to submit interest bids to buy 100 percent stake in Air India to April 30, 2020. The previous deadline was March 17.
5. The Union Government has approved 4 percent hike in Dearness Allowance (DA) provided to about 48 lakh central government employees and Dearness Relief provided to about 65 lakh pensioners. The hike will be applicable from January 1, 2020.
6. The Uttar Pradesh state government has launched three schemes to enable skill development and employment generation for the youth in the state. The state will also be deploying ”Arogya Mitras” at all primary health centres to make people aware about the government health schemes.
7. Facebook has recently launched Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative in India called ‘Pragati’. The purpose of this initiative is to promote women entrepreneurship in India.
8. The Government of India has released a helpline for the coronavirus after the cases coming from different states in India. The World Health Organization (WHO) has already declared it a pandemic.
9. Former J&K Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah’s preventive detention order was revoked by the Jammu and Kashmir administration on March 13, 2020. He was kept under preventive detention since August 5, 2019 when the special status of the state was withdrawn by the centre.
10. The second ODI between India and South Africa to be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh will be the first international match to be played without an audience. The third ODI to be played in Eden Gardens will also be played in an empty stadium.