1. The sixth and second last phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held on May 12, 2019, in 59 constituencies across six states and India’s capital Delhi. The phase will decide the fate of several Union ministers including Harshvardhan, Maneka Gandhi, Radha Mohan Singh and key opposition leaders such as SP chief Akhilesh Yadav and Congress’ Digvijay Singh and Jyotiraditya Scindia.
2. Mumbai Indians defeated Chennai Super Kings by one run in a thrilling final in Hyderabad yesterday to become the IPL champions for the record fourth time. The CSK, who were chasing a score of 150 set by Mumbai Indians, were restricted to 148 for 7 in the stipulated 20 overs.
3. Mumbai Indians won the 2019 Indian Premier League after defeating Chennai Super Kings by 1 run. While CSK captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the most successful wicket-keeper in the history of IPL with 132 dismissals, the team’s spinner Imran Tahir won the coveted Purple Cap for taking the highest number of wickets.
4. The two-day Ministerial meeting of the World Trade Organisation began in New Delhi on May 13, 2019. The meeting will conclude on May 14. The participants include ministers from 16 developing nations and six least developed nations.
5. The International Monetary Fund and Pakistan have reached an agreement, under which the former would provide the latter with funds worth $6 billion. This is Pakistan’s 22nd bailout with the IMF. The nation is currently struggling to deal with its falling economy, triggered by low growth, soaring inflation, and mounting debt.
6. The ISIS has claimed to have established its new province in India’s Jammu and Kashmir, called “Wilayah of Hind”. The first of its kind announcement comes after clashes between militants and security forces in Kashmir on May 10.
7. Sri Lanka has temporarily blocked several social media sites, following attacks on mosques and business establishments of Muslim community yesterday. An overnight curfew was imposed in several areas, around 80 km north of Colombo, as mobs gathered to target the community in the wake of the terrorist attacks on Easter Sunday.
8. Padma Shri awardee ‘Birha Samrat’ Hiralal Yadav died at the age of 93 recently. He was felicitated with Padma Shri award this year also honored with Yash Bharti award by the Uttar Pradesh government in 2015.
9. Temple festival of Kerala, Thrissur Pooram 2019 began on May 13 and it is scheduled to conclude on May 14. Thousands of devotees from across countries will attend the festivities in Vadakkunnathan Temple.
10. The Indian Army is commemorating 2019 as the ‘Year of Next of Kin’ and plans to reach out to the next of kin of battle casualties.
13th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
13th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|