1. Yemen has declared a health emergency, as the nation is battling severe cases of malaria and dengue fever. The epidemic has spread over several of Yemen’s northern provinces. Over 116,522 malaria cases and 23,000 dengue cases have been recorded in the country since January 2019.
2. Nita Ambani has become the first Indian to be elected to the board of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. The announcement was made by Reliance Foundation on November 13, 2019.
3. President’s rule has been imposed in Maharashtra for the third time since the state came into existence in May 1960. The last time it was imposed was in 2014 when the then Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan had resigned after the NCP withdrew its support from the Congress-led government.
4. Israel was attacked with over 200 rockets from militants in the Gaza strip on November 12, 2019. Israel’s Defence Forces claimed that the rockets were fired at Israeli towns and cities after almost every seven and half minutes.
5. Bangladesh’s all-rounder Shakib al Hasan, who is currently serving one-year ban, has been dropped from the latest ICC ODI and T20I player rankings. Shakib was ranked at the top in the list of all-rounders in ODIs and at the second position in T20I rankings.
6. Bolivia’s former President Evo Morales has been granted asylum by Mexico. On November 10, Morales resigned due to heavy protest against him in the country. He announced that his life was in threat and he had to flee to Mexico.
7. More than 1,000 migratory birds have been found dead in Sambhar lake near Jaipur, Rajasthan. The exact reason for death of these birds is not yet known. However, the local administration believes that it may have occurred due to polluted water.
8. Union Cabinet Minister Prakash Javadekar has been given additional charge of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises. He is currently holding the charge of Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
9. Indian player Sundar Singh Gurjar recently won a gold medal at the World Para-Athletics Championship. Sundar Singh won the gold medal with a throw of 61.22 meters. Gurjar won gold in 2013 Leon and silver in 2015 Doha Championships.
10. According to the report of the Parliamentary Committee, about 38 percent of cancer patients are dying every year in developed countries, while in India this figure is 68 percent. It means that the treatment is not reaching to the patients. Last year, 13 lakh new cancer cases were reported in India.