- Johnson & Johnson announced on October 12th 2020, decided to pause the clinical trial for Covid-19 vaccine. American pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson announced on October 12, 2020, that it has decided to pause the advance clinical trial, ENSEMBLE, of one of its vaccine. The step was taken after one of the volunteers of the trial was detected with an unexplained illness.
- On 13th October 2020 Election Commission of India has announced the dates for 11 Rajya Sabha seats. The date of polls will be 9th November and the counting of votes will take place on the same day at 5 pm.
- For Greater Male Connectivity India signed a Line of Credit (LOC) Agreement of USD 400 million to Maldives on 12th October.
India and Maldives on October 12, 2020 concluded the Line of Credit (LOC) Agreement of USD 400 million for the implementation of the Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP).
- The US Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Biegun has called for expansion of QUAD, saying that like-minded countries and groupings must join hands to ensure a free and open Indo-Pacific.
- Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad will virtually host the 7th Justice Minister’s meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member states on October 16, 2020.
- The 100th birth anniversary of Vijaya Raje Scindia was observed on October 12, 2020. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released Rs 100 commemorative coin to honour the late leader.
- Vijaya Raje Scindia, popularly known as the Rajmata of Gwalior, was one of the founding members of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Mars will be at its biggest and brightest on the night of October 13, 2020.
The Red Planet will be seen lined up with Earth and Sun.