- The petition has been filed under Article 131, which empowers the Supreme Court to hear if there is no agreement between the Center and other states. Significantly, before this, the Kerala Assembly has passed a resolution against the CAA. The Supreme Court is already hearing about 60 petitions against this law. The Kerala government, which reached the Supreme Court against the CAA, said that this law is against the basic principles of secularism along with Articles 14, 21 and 25 of the Indian Constitution.
- The High Court bench hearing Musharraf’s petitions against the judgment ruled that the sedition case against Musharraf was not prepared as per law. Musharraf was sentenced to death by the special court in this case on 17 December 2019. This case was filed by the then Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) government in 2013. Musharraf, in his petition, had urged the Lahore High Court to quash the decision of the special court as being against the provisions of the Constitution.
- Every year, National Youth Day is celebrated on 12 January on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Its main objective is to promote rational thinking among the youth considered to be the future of the country. National Youth Day was first celebrated in the year 1985. Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 in Kolkata. He was a worthy disciple of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.
- Oman has announced a 40-day official mourning for the Western-backed 79-year-old Kabus. Kabus gained Oman rule in 1970 after a coup with the help of Britain. He used the earnings from oil for the economic development of Oman. Sultan Qaboos was not married, so his successor has not been announced.
- In a statement issued by Iran, it said that the aircraft had moved quickly towards a sensitive area and military base due to ‘human error’ that caused the accident. This statement was released by the Iranian Foreign Minister on 10 January 2020. Significantly, in this accident, all 176 people on board the aircraft were killed.
- Google created doodles on 14 January 2020 on the occasion of 101st birth anniversary of India’s famous poet, songwriter and activist Kaifi Azmi. Kaifi Azmi was one of the most famous poets of the 20th century. He wrote his first poem at the age of only 11 years. He wrote songs like ‘Chalte Chalte’ in the film Pakija, ‘Koi Yeh Kehne Hain’ and ‘Yeh Duniya Ye Mahfil’ in the film ‘Earth’. His written patriotic song ‘Kar Chale Hum Fida’ became very famous.
- Iran’s only female Olympic medal winner Alchemy Alizadeh recently announced on Instagram that she was leaving the country forever. Alizadeh won the bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics in Taekwondo. She wrote in the declaration of leaving the country that she could not withstand any more political exploitation and humiliation, due to which she has taken this decision. He said that this decision is more difficult than winning an Olympic medal.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently announced the renaming of Kolkata Port Trust to Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Trust. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee was a noted politician, educationist and barrister. He was also the Minister of Industry and Supply in Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s government. Due to differences between Shyama Prasad and Pandit Nehru on the issue of Jammu and Kashmir, he split from the Indian National Congress. In 1951, he founded the Bharatiya Jana Sangh, which later became the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Jaspreet Bumrah was honored with the prestigious Polly Umrigar Award for the 2018-19 season by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). Bumrah is the best bowler in the world in one day cricket. He made his Test debut in January 2018 on India’s tour of South Africa. The Polly Umrigar Award is presented to the cricketer for his outstanding performance. The winner of this award is given a trophy of Rs 15 lakh.
- Indian Civil Aviation Ministry has asked all drone owners and their operators to get voluntary registration by 31 January. A notification issued by the ministry states that action will be taken against those who do not register within this period, under the Indian Penal Code and Aviation Act. A report released by FICCI in October 2019 said that the number of illegal drones in the country could be between 50 and 60 thousand.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|